1. Sheryl Perry Solicitors is committed to providing our clients with the best possible service and commitment to our clients. However if at any point you become unhappy or have concerns about the service you are/have received, then you should inform us immediately in order that we can do our best to rectify any issue raised.
How to make a complaint
2. Firstly you should contact us in writing by letter or email or by speaking to our complaints manager, whose details are:-
Sheryl Perry, Sheryl Perry Solicitors, 43 Henniker Gate, Chelmsford, Essex, CM2 6QH
Tel: 01245 463243
When contacting us you should provide us with the following information:
➢ Your full name, contact details and file number
➢ The nature of your complaint
➢ How you would wish for this to be rectified
How we will deal with your complaint
3. Your complaint will be recorded and receipt of such will be sent to you within 48 hours of submission (provided during the working week). We will then review your file and documentation therein, interview the file case worker and review your complaint. We may need to contact you to discuss any queries we may have. You will be updated on the progress of your complaint and may be offered a meeting to discuss the complaint, or to obtain further information from you in respect of the complaint. We will then write to you with the outcome of our investigation, and/or notifying you of any proposals to resolve the complaint, within 56 days from the date the complaint is acknowledged.
What to do if you are not happy with the outcome
4. If you are not satisfied with the outcome we have reached, you have the opportunity to refer your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman within six months of our final written response and within six years of the act or omission about which you were complaining (or within three years of you becoming aware of it). They can be contacted as below:
Telephone: 0300 555 0333 between 09:00 to 17:00
Address: Legal Ombudsman, PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ.
Please note that from the 1st April 2023 their time limits are changing. The Legal Ombudsman expects complaints to be made to them within a year of the date of the act or omission about which you are concerned or within a year of you realising there was a concern. The requirement to refer your concerns to the Legal Ombudsman within six months of our final response to you remains the same.
Is there any cost to complain
5. There is no charge for us to investigate your complaint, however if you have not settled our invoice for work undertaken, we reserve the right to charge interest upon the outstanding amount. There is no charge for the Legal Ombudsman to review your complaint.
Complaints about the use of your personal data
6. If you are unhappy with the way you feel we have handled your personal information you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner whose details are as follows:
Tel: 0303 123 1113
Complaints to the Solicitors Regulation Authority
7. If you believe this firm have been dishonest or breached one of the Solicitors Regulation Authority Rules then you can report us to the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Their details are as follows: